Tuesday, October 9, 2012

August/September 2012


Back in the swing of things…Well at least I’d like to say we are.  It may be expressed better as "back on the Merry-go-round."  It’s a wild ride and it can slow down and speed up unexpectedly.  We have been going full speed since school started.  It is nice to have quiet days, but they definitely come with a trade off.  Our evenings are never relaxing.  Brigham loves middle school.  He has been way more organized then I ever expected, which I am very proud of.  He is enjoying learning the trombone and running cross country.     They run a mile and a half.  At his last meet he ran it in 10 minutes 42 seconds.  He comes in between 45-50 out of about 95 boys. He just wrapped up the season at the district meet running it in 10 minutes 45 seconds and coming in at #142 out of 216.  Daniel is in 4th grade and getting so grown up.  He has started to stay home a bit with Kyler while I run the cross-country carpool.  Kyler is back singing away.  The first day of choir you couldn’t get a smile off her face.  She is preparing for their Christmas concert.  Katya loves first grade.  She has the same teacher that Daniel and Kyler had for kindergarten.  She is wonderful.  Gammon and I fill our days cleaning (he has started to have chores he has to do before watching Mickey), feeding the ducks at the pond, visiting teaching, making treats for school lunches, playgroup and our latest adventure boxing up about 200 lbs of fruit at the church orchard.  Soon we will be very busy with pears and apples.


Hodson is scooting and is finally a lot happier.  He finds lots of interesting things on the floor and keeps us on our toes.  He loves to tear magazines and books.  He has 2 teeth.  He is starting to babble a lot and loves to give mom kisses and hugs. 

Joseph and Brigham spent a night camping with the scouts and went on a hike the next day.

I’ve included some photos that I took right before school started also some from the my family Reunion.  
"Smoked In"

Arrow of Light Ceremony


My little Cowgirl



August-I missed August so he are a few photos.

We went camping at Spring Creek.  Absolutely beautiful hidden gem.  While there we drove down at swam and Mann Creek Resevoir.  I had a blast jumping off the raft with the kids.  At some points I was laughing so hard I couldn’t pull myself back up on the raft. 

Our Sumo-Wresters-I hope my sweats NEVER fit again.
Apples off our own tree.

No comments:


Daniel swimming

Katya at Wheeler Farm

Katya at Grandma's

Kyler At Park

Wheeler Farm

Katya At Park

Together at Last

Red Sqare-Moscow

Moscow-New Arbat Street

WWII Eternal Flame-Moscow

Walking in Petrozavodsk

Escalator to subway-Moscow

In Front of the Frozen Moscow River

In Front of Art Museum-Moscow

More Petro

Katya and the Laundry

Mom's little girl

Sitting in the suitcase/toy box

Daniel Vacuuming

Katya swinging in Petro

Park in Petro

Katya loves hats

Daniel on His bike

Jumping for the first time

Sunday Sweetie

First Day Home

First meal all together

Cuddling in Petrozavodsk

Katya

Katya
In Petrozavodsk apartment

Daniel

Daniel
Coloring Easter Eggs